Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rough Draft, Rough Draft, Read All About It.

The draft I’ve linked to in a Google doc is a rough draft—emphasis on the rough. In fact, I would classify it more as a ridiculously extended outline. Written in full sentences. In paragraph form.

Okay. So not an outline. But what is really needs right now is a content and organization edit rather than a grammar or more nitpicky edit. Comment with a question when something brings one up. Or comment on the implications, or when something needs more explanation, etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OHgdFFtMZAYPIAEFD6leSY_a24Ph_gwgSAfkcFnngFU/edit

1 comment:

  1. Kayla, I think what you're doing here is really great. I think you've done a great job at finding examples in the text that support your ideas. I like that you use NiCarthy's classifications of abuse to legitimatize your point, showing that you're not just observing the abuse sporadically but that you're stepping into a very organized conversation. I think the organization you've followed will make your paper writing process pretty painless because it is clear you already know where you're going with it. As far as your conclusion goes, I felt like you could think of something that really drives the point home. Why is Shakespeare showing us these abuse cycles? What can we learn from them? I would lean away from the tendency to psychoanalyze abuse in the conclusion because I think it takes away from the Shakespearean meaning you've been contributing to. I really like the paragraph where you kind of shifted the paradigm and destabilized the relationship between the victim and the abuser when you talk about how one does not exist without the other and discuss their co-dependence. I thought was brilliant and you could explore it a bit more. Overall, really great work, I'm excited to see the finished project, very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete